Best Squat Rack Under $500 Reviews of 2022 [Expert Choices]
Working out at home is turning out to be increasingly more famous among the individuals who need to be in full control of their time. Perhaps the most effective way to make a completely working home rec center is to begin with a strong establishment. There is one piece of gear that will fill in as an ideal base to expand upon a power rack. In days gone, power racks were just for those strength preparing lovers with money to consume.
Not anymore. Today you can get a good quality power rack even when you’re on a strict budget.
In this article, we will show you the 10 Best Squat Racks for getting solid and setting aside money.
The thought behind these models is to get you that protected strength preparing climate without constraining you to put away large chunks of change. When we go over our choices you’ll see that reasonable isn’t genuinely awful. Despite what might be expected, these racks bring a great deal to the table as far as execution.
So, putting resources into a power rack is no little thing, particularly assuming you’re on a tight spending plan. Assuming that is the situation, you’re perfectly located. We should begin with our top picks and later we’ll get into the points of interest of picking the best spending plan power rack for your necessities, what to pay special attention to when looking and then some.
Top 10 Best Squat Rack Under $500
1. Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack
Being able to exercise safely is an important part of any home workout, and that’s why Merax Power Rack makes such a valuable add-on for your fitness equipment. This squat rack system can provide the user with over 24 exercise strength training options. With a heavy duty steel frame construction, this home squat exercise equipment offers superior strength and durability, allowing it to withstand your intense workout sessions. There is plenty of space inside the cage for wide stance squats and an additional spotter for your safety. The multi-grip pull up bars are designed to allow you to use multiple hand positions to further engage and enhance back, shoulder and arm muscles. Additionally, the Merax Lat Pull Down and Low Row Cable attachment is a great add-on for building your upper back, shoulders and arms muscles.
Merax athletics uses the exact same design as the Valor BD-7, down to the poor-quality lat pulldown system and poor-quality footprint. The bar catches continue to ruin our pleasant demeanor and the fact that they’re still used has become a sign of poor concern for your home gym equipment.
- From cable crossovers, lat pulldowns, pull-ups to a low row and everything in between, make a motion to improve your core, build your strength and increase your endurance with Merax cable machine
- A 38.2″ lat pulldown bar and 20″ low row bar with 300lbs weight capacity. Compatible with standard 1” plates or 2” Olympic weight plates. The integrated weight plates storage peg lets you store your plates easily for a tidy gym that fits any room.
- Multi-grip pull-up bars allow you to grip it in the wide, parallel or narrow positions to target different upper body muscle groups. The angled pull up bar design protects your wrists while doing wide grip.
- The cable machine stands 81″ tall with a 56.7″ width and 83.5″ depth.
- Dual pulley systems with strengthened nylon deliver consistent smooth movement and are up to the task of repeated high-intensity use. 17 adjustable positions allow this cable station to meet the needs of all users, whether you’re looking for full-body strength workouts, exercises targeting specific muscle groups, or functional mobility.
|Color||Silver&Black Cable Crossover Machine|
- Perfect for at-home gyms and commercial use
- Designed to offer maximum workout versatility
- Safely train multiple muscle groups in one workout
- Poorly designed
- Unstable and slippery
- Ratings for safety bars are 800lbs, but actual bar catches are only 500-650lbs
2. TITAN FITNESS Short Power Rack
Do you want to work out efficiently at your home gym, even if you live in a smaller living space? The Titan T-2 Series Power Rack is the perfect solution! This rugged piece of bodybuilding equipment reduces fat and pumps up muscle mass, so you can work toward a fit, trim physique. This lift.ing cage allows you to work out many different muscles, including your abs, biceps, triceps, pectorals, and more. With this power rack, you’ll be able to incorporate a wide variety of different exercises to improve your workouts. This rack is perfect for pull-ups, chin-ups, squats, bench presses, and more. You can get creative with this versatile tool! If you want to do bench presses or skull crushers, simply place a bench underneath the power rack.
This is definitely one of the lighter products in the Titan T-2 range and we’re convinced that this light-weight design is a more cost-effective alternative to the Valor or Powerline alternatives, despite a nominally-worse weight-rating. We’re not saying the rating is wrong, but we trust this rack more.
- BUILD STRONG MUSCLES: This short Titan Power Rack is a must have! This piece of equipment can fit in small basements that won’t accommodate standard power racks. You can perform a variety of exercises with this rack, including chinups, dips, curls, deadlifts, and squats. If you want to do bench presses, place a bench underneath and you’re good to go.
- GREAT FOR IMPROVING FORM: The purpose of working out is to strengthen your muscles, not hurt them! That’s why it’s vital to practice good form while you’re lifting weights. The Titan T2 Power Rack is designed with your safety and comfort in mind. It includes dip bars and other features designed to safely optimize your workout.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Our power rack is a fantastic investment for both serious athletes and beginners alike! It’s made from heavy duty steel for durability. Its allsteel structure ensures that it will hold up for years without damage. The powerful steel frame is also strong enough to hold a capacity of up to 700pounds.
- QUICK AND EASY ASSEMBLY: Don’t waste time with excess hardware and complicated construction. Setting up your power rack with all your workout gear and accessories is simple. This set comes with all necessary hardware, including J Hooks.
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||1 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Package Weight||132 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||48 x 58 x 71.5 inches|
|Item Weight||132 Pounds|
|Brand Name||Titan Fitness|
|Number of Items||1|
|Part Number||SHOW 1-SHOW 2|
|Style||T-2 Short Rack|
- Well-gauged steel construction
- Very few moving parts, offering a stable and reliable build
- Small design for a reduced footprint and compact design
- Low weight-rating
- Dubious-quality J-hooks
- Only suitable for beginners and those with space limitations
3. Valor Fitness BD-7 Power Rack
Established in 2006 in the state of Florida, Valor Fitness manufactures over 400 different products to help you meet your fitness goals without breaking the bank. Whether it’s at home, on the go, or you are starting to build the ultimate workout studio, with our wide variety of choices and U.S.based customer assistance you are sure to find all the components you need. From competition training, to stretching and rehabilitation, Valor Fitness has what you need to hone in on your body, and your budget.
The BD-7BCC Bundle contains all the attributes of the BD-7 Power Rack w/ Lat Pull Attachment, with the added benefit of the Valor Fitness BD-CC2.0 Cable Crossover Attachment. This includes 2 attachable cable machines to fit both sides of the power rack, as well as 2 single adjustable handles that attach to the pulley system. Each side of the attachment features 17 adjustable positions and a pulley system that works with you as you step out for more stretch or intensity. The double bar track on the cable crossovers creates more stability and a smoother movement when using either Olympic or standard plates.
- CHANGE UP YOUR WORKOUT: This squat cage can be used in many ways. Includes a pull up station with knurled grip at the top of the workout cage, in addition to the lat pulldown station with plate loading carriage (lap bar and low row/curl bar included). Use it for squats, bench, pull-ups, lat pulls, bicep curls and many more.
- ROCK SOLID, STURDY & SAFE: Whether you are racking your heavy barbell or performing pull-ups, this rack will have your back. It will remain completely still with no shaking or rocking. Comes with heavy duty safety bars for your safety and security while using this rack. Constructed of 2” x 2” 12-gauge steel with rubber base caps that encase each foot to add safety, stability, and floor protection.
- ORGANIZED & ADJUSTABLE: This weight rack cage allows for an organized home gym with 4 plate storage pegs measuring 8” each for ample storage for both Olympic and standard plates. 27 variable positions for bar support, ranging in height from 17.5” to 68”. Vibrant numbering system to easily identify variable positions.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: This squat rack cage does not need to be bolted down. Comes with all necessary hardware and our new and improved manual with easy to follow instructions.
- ADDITIONAL: 500 lb. max load if using the bar catchers outside of the power cage, 650 lb. max load if using the bar catchers inside the fitness rack, 750 lb. max load for safety bars. 200lb. max load on the Lat Pulldown. For longer wear and tear, gently return the carriage to the starting position. Warranty, 3-year frame, 2-year cable, and 1-year hardware. Arrives in 2 separate boxes.
|Package Dimensions L x W x H||81 x 12 x 6 inches|
|Package Weight||113.74 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||47 x 63.5 x 82 inches|
|Item Weight||89 Pounds|
|Brand Name||Valor Fitness|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer||Valor Athletics Inc.|
|Style||BD-7 Power Rack w/ Lat Pull|
- It is easy to build
- Easily can identify variable positions.
- Very sturdy and the lat attachment works great
- More expensive than better products like the TDS power cage
- As bad as the BD-33 for bar catches and general lack of mindful design
- Comes with a crappy lat-pulldown that degrades rapidly and provides poor-quality resistance
4. Body-Solid Powerline PPR200X Adjustable Power Rack
The product shares the exact same fatal flaws of poorly-rated weight tolerances, poorly-chosen bar catches, and a price tag that clearly alienates anyone who has read this list. It costs more than our current favorite the TDS power cage despite being as poorly-designed as the valor fitness model.
The Powerline by Body-Solid Power Rack features a wide walk-in design that allows plenty of side-to-side movement for a variety of exercises, including squats, incline, decline, flat, and military presses, as well as shrugs and calf raises. Complete with 18 positions, 2 heat tempered lift-offs, and 2 saber style safety rods, this power rack keeps your exercise routine simple and effective.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Power racks help weightlifters work out safely and effectively at home
- SAFETY: The Body-Solid Powerline Power Rack has a wide walk-in design with 24 inches between upright pillars for easy motion during training
- CAPACITY: Rack weighs 133lbs, and has 2 heat-tempered lift-offs, and 2 saber-style safety rods .
- DIMENSIONS: The Body-Solid Powerline Power Rack measures 44 by 46 by 82 inches (L x W x H) with 18 adjustment levels
- SECURITY: Body-Solid Power Racks and gear sets the standard in home gym equipment
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||79.5 x 5 x 5 inches|
|Package Weight||21.48 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||70 x 7 x 5 inches|
|Warranty Description||10 Year Frame Warranty, 1 year for other parts|
|Number of Items||1|
- An essential tool for safe weightlifting at home
- Sturdy steel mainframe with 600-pound capacity
- 2 Adjustable lift-offs and 2 full-length safety bars
- Ideal for squats, incline presses, flat bench, shoulder shrugs, and more
- Unstable compared to better products on the market
- Weigh-rating is trash compared to others on the market
- More expensive than better products, providing awful overall value
- Crappy bar catches will cause damage to your barbell at an accelerated rate
5. Valor Fitness BD-33 Heavy Duty Power Squat Rack
The Valor Fitness BD-33 Power Cage is the perfect rack for any home or garage gym. This versatile Power Cage is constructed with 2” x 2”, 12-gauge steel and rubber base caps on each foot for strength and durability throughout the unit – steel diminishes as the gauge increases, so a 12-gauge steel rack is stronger and more durable than any 13 or 14-gauge steel rack you may find. With this strong, stable unit, you can easily perform a wide variety of strength training exercises such as squats, bench press, rack pulls, and pull-ups in the comfort of your own home gym. With 43” between the uprights of the frame, you can easily slide your favorite bench in to perform bench press exercises using the bar catchers inside or on the outside of the cage.
The BD-33 Power Cage features bar catchers to easily rest a barbell. These bar catchers are constructed of steel with a chrome finish, and they can also be used. With 27 variable positions for bar support, ranging in height from 15” to 67” with a vibrant numbering system, the bar catchers can easily be adjusted to your preferred position. The 1” diameter holes at each adjustment position also accommodate the safety bars, which protect you in the event the lift can’t be completed, or simply to rest your bar on. At the top of the rack, the multi-grip pull-up bar allows you to add more variety to your workout in one space, with 6 ergonomically positioned handles for different variations of pull-ups or chin-ups. Band peg holes positioned along the top and bottom of the rack also allow users to add additional resistance to their workouts by simply looping the bands around the band pegs and the sleeve of their barbell.
- VERSATILE: Includes a multi-grip pull up station at the top of the rack, allowing for a wide range of exercises and uses. Band/strap peg holes positioned along the top and bottom. Band/strap pegs (MB-L) and spring clips (SC-1) sold separately.
- HEAVY DUTY: Constructed of 2” x 2” 12-gauge steel. Rubber base caps encase each foot to add safety, stability, and floor protection.
- ADJUSTABLE: 27 variable positions for bar support, ranging in height from 15” to 67”. Vibrant numbering system to easily identify variable positions.
- STORAGE PEGS: Allows for an organized home gym with 4 plate storage pegs measuring 8” each for ample storage for both Olympic and standard plates.
- ADDITIONAL: 500 lb. max load if using the bar catchers outside the cage, 650 lb. max load if using bar catchers inside the cage, 750 lb. max load for safety bars. Warranty, 3-year frame and 1-year hardware. Arrives in 2 separate boxes.
|Package Dimensions L x W x H||80 x 12 x 6 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||80 x 12 x 6 inches|
|Item Weight||149 Pounds|
|Brand Name||Valor Fitness|
|Color||BD-33 Power Rack|
|Manufacturer||Valor Athletics Inc.|
|Style||BD-33 Power Rack|
- Great spacing
- Comfortable grips
- It is extremely sturdy
- Relatively poor weight-rating
- Unstable and slipper bar catches, inferior to J-hooks
- Likely to damage your barbell’s knurling, making it harder to use in future
6. TDS Mega 1000 lb Rated White Power Squat Rack
We love the basic, fundamental approach that the TDS power cage takes, offering a simply-effective product with none of the scandalous QA or manufacturing problems we’ve noticed so far. This product provides the definitive simple, effective, brutally-strong power cage that we’ve been looking for so far. It is rated for 1,050lbs with no problems, with extra safety features including locking handles on J-hooks and solid safety bars to support huge weights.
The addition of a well-knurled chin up bar is a great alternative to the smooth bars often found on other products. It provides a grippy, well-designed surface for pull-ups that is easily integrated into the overall design.
- TDS has been in business for 44 years. Thousands have been sold all over the world
- 2″ Sq. Steel Tube Construction HD. J Hooks & 1″ Solid Steel Safety Bars included.
- 48.5″ x 48″ x 82.5″ H – 140 lbs Olympic Set & weights are shown for information only-not Included.
- Professionally Knurled 1 1/8″ Dia Front Chinning Bar. Designed to add many attachments to convert as a home gym.
- 31 holes 2″ apart with numbers for adjustment. 2″ distance between holes and numbers are essential for efficient lifting
|Package Weight||145 Pounds|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Material||Heavy Duty Steel Tube|
- Great price for the quality
- Integrated, knurled chin-up bar
- Heaviest weight-rating so far at 1,050lbs
- High-quality build with additional safety features
- Quality assurance is (very rarely) a problem and shipping carriers may be poorly chosen
7. REP FITNESS PR-1100 Power Rack
This item imitates the best and most exceedingly terrible parts of the HulkFit rack. The advantages are in the basically viable plan of the rack with successful plan choices and an attention on the rudiments.
However, the issues on quality confirmation and the nature of execution are regularly poor. This doesn’t show as a helpless arrangement, yet rather rehashed instances of broad inside rusting. This could be because of helpless treatment or just helpless stockpiling/delivering rehearsals.
This is clearly a significant worry to the underlying trustworthiness of this item, which altogether hazards the first weight-rating and could truly debase the general item. This isn’t what you anticipate from a critical buy like this, particularly since the cost of this item is higher.
- DESIGNED FOR HOME GYMS: At a total height of only 84 inches, the PR-1100 gives you maximum functionality in a package that fits in most home gym spaces. Now you can squat, press, and perform hundreds of other strength exercises in your home safely and effectively. Dimensions: 84” tall x 48” wide x 47.5” deep (84″ is to top of pull-up bar, when mounted as shown in the photos, Top of uprights is 82″ if you prefer to mount the pull-up bar upside down). Inside cage dimensions: 44” wide x 45.5” deep.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Each weight cage comes with an integrated pullup bar, (2) j-cups, and (2) full length safety bars. The PR-1100 is a safe, stable freestanding weight cage that does not need to be anchored to the floor. Floor anchor points are not included on this model. Please note that the bottom brackets have an improved design that no longer requires side plates.
- SAFE AND STABLE: Lift with confidence knowing that your cage is rated to 1000lbs, and is built from strong, 14 gauge steel with double rear stability bars. The pullup arch and optional dip bars are rated for 400lbs, and the lat pull-down attachment can accommodate a full 250 lbs so you can easily add enough weight for your workouts.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Buy now and get a 2 Year Warranty on your PR-1100. Rep Fitness is a full-service equipment company based in Denver, Colorado. Check out our other listings to see the complete line of strength and conditioning equipment including benches, barbells, dumbbells, racks, cardio equipment and more.
- ADVANCED FEATURES: We engineered our latest weight cage to have the features you need at the price you want. Where other manufacturers sacrifice quality and utility, we kept adding features to make our cage better! Extended safety bars, integrated multi-grip pullup unit, laser cut numbered uprights and tough, durable black powdercoat make this the highest quality and best value cage on the market.
|Package Dimensions L x W x H||80 x 16 x 8.5 inches|
|Package Weight||66.68 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||47.5 x 48 x 80.5 inches|
|Item Weight||135 Pounds|
|Brand Name||REP FITNESS|
- Good design
- Great weight-rating
- Strong focus on the basics
- Quality assurance overlooks some key issues
- Price is higher than some others despite the significant problems
- Internal rust can easily compromise the internal strength and quality of the rack
8. HulkFit 1000-Pound Capacity Multi-Function Adjustable Power Cage
The HulkFit 1,000lbs multi-function power cage is a huge improvement on their 800lbs squat rack that we covered in our squat rack review and guide. This product comes with a much stronger base and improved stability.
The stability and footprint of this product are great, while the 1,000lbs weight-rating provides plenty of extra space no matter how heavy you’re lifting. It also ensures that the differences that come from dynamic movement are accounted for and keeps you safe, even when failing significant weights.
This all comes at a great price. Again, we’re not going to discuss the lat pulldown attachment as it is a better independent product and doesn’t provide much in the way of core functions for the power cage itself. The cage is good, the unnecessary attachments don’t add much.
- Constructed with 11 gauge steel, this power cage has a 1000lb weight capacity. The 2. 5in X 2. 5in frame offers greater stability throughout
- Free standing unit with a large walk-in space and rubber feet to ensure stability and protect flooring
- Front of the rack includes a multi grip pull-up bar for additional exercises and stretches. Cross bars can also be used for band & resistance training.
- Assembled dimensions: 81″ x 44″ x 47″. Product weight: 140 Pounds (power cage only)
- Power Cage also includes two steel safety bars with J-Hooks or safety straps, two dip bars and extra J-Hooks. NOTE: We are transitioning from safety bars to safety straps. Depending on when you order, you may receive either and we cannot guarantee one or the other.
- Please note that we are in the middle of transitioning from safety bars to safety straps. Based on customer feedback, we switched over to safety straps as they provide more versatility and don’t damage your barbell if dropped on them. We cannot guarantee what you receive in your shipment
|Package Dimensions L x W x H||77 x 13 x 10.5 inches|
|Package Weight||63.5 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||47 x 44 x 81 inches|
|Item Weight||60.78 Kilograms|
|Warranty Description||2-Year Warranty|
|Style||1. Power Cage, Yellow|
|Included Components||Power Cage|
- Great design
- Great price tag
- Heavy duty and high-stability if you get a well-checked product
- Questionable quality assurance with missing pieces
- Products may have poorly-aligned safety pins, requiring 3rd party boring or being unsuitable for use
9. Fitness Reality Squat Rack
This item accompanies an assortment of choices albeit the link pulley connection is a genuine illustration of an extra that truly doesn’t add a lot. We’ve worked with this sort of connection widely and they’re nearly all around awful.
The standard model of the 810XLT is appraised to 800-lbs which is a sensible measure of weight-rating, however not practically identical with others on this rundown. 800lbs of static weight is great yet consider that you will bomb weight with speed, rather than static so a superior weight-resilience would be a decent reward.
This is a very decent item for the people who are new to weight preparing and don’t need a substantial item. There are some cool capacities for example, the different draw up grasps and balancing out bars that are intended to fit the rear of the item.
- STRONG ASTM TESTED 800 LBS. WEIGHT CAPACITY: Don’t put your safety in the hands of a squat rack that hasn’t been tested. Our Squat Rack was ASTM tested at 2,000 pounds in order to get an official weight capacity of 800 pounds.
- SOLID STEEL LONG SAFETY ARMS: Other companies provide hollow tubes, not us. Have peace of mind knowing that our safety arms are solid steel rods, designed to handle heavy weight.
- MULTI-GRIP & REVERSIBLE PULL UP BARS: Wide grip, narrow grip, hammer grip pull ups are all available with this power cage. Can be reversed to lower the height of the cage. This is important if you have a lower ceiling.
- STANDARD SIZED 1″ HOLES: Makes your squat rack compatible with standard sized attachments such as J hooks, Dip bars, Weight storage bars etc…
- TWIN SUPPORT BRACES: Makes this power cage strong and sturdy. Lower brace also acts as a feet support when using the Low Row Cable attachment
- MAX WORKOUT SPACE: Our ELEVATED and curved support brace means more workout space and nothing to trip over. Get an extra foot of space for your bench.
- TOTAL HOME GYM EQUIPMENT: Combine with our weight benches or full suite of attachments to build out a total home gym solution
- CUSTOMIZE WITH ATTACHMENTS: Get J hooks, dip bars, landmine, weight plate storage attachments and others.
|Package Dimensions L x W x H||78.25 x 13 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight||65.32 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||50.5 x 46.5 x 83.5 inches|
|Item Weight||61 Kilograms|
|Brand Name||Fitness Reality|
|Warranty Description||1 year limited|
|Style||Power Cage Only|
|Sport Type||Fitness & Yoga|
- Good price
- Simple and easy to use
- Low weight tolerance
- Lat pulldown attachment is relatively low quality, awkward to navigate, and has an unnatural length-tension relationship
10. Fuel Pureformance Deluxe Power Cage
It’s a half-rack meaning it provides a limited number of exercises compared to a full cage. Because of its more compact size, it’s a better option for a smaller home gym or space. It has only footers for stability, two uprights with a single bar that connects them.
Virtually, you can do all the most essential weight lifting exercises with it. For example, bench press, squat, and deadlift, but the safety is much better in a full cage.
The squat rack has a 500 lbs weight limit which is not that much, but enough for most of the people for home. The bar at the top can be used as a pull-up bar, useful for bodyweight exercises. This rack is compatible with Olympic barbells and weights. You can also buy a compatible weight bench separately. Finally, the cheap power rack has floor attachments to prevent tipping.
- Steel construction
- Oversized tubing and powder-coated finish
- Abundance of training features
- Metallic finish with striking blue accents
- Olympic plate and bar storage
|Brand Name||Fuel Pureformance|
- Good for small spaces
- Good value for the money
- Four rare pegs for plates
- Thin powder coat finish
- Suitable for moderate training
- Wobbles under heavy lifts if the rack isn’t anchored
All variables considered, the CAP brand is the sort, everything being equal. This scope of items is solid, truly dependable, and more extravagant in quality. You are bound to yield more prominent results by utilizing it. Assuming that I were you, I would focus on it.
We, be that as it may, pass on it to you to conclude which is best for you. Simply utilize the rules we have specified above to settle on your decision. Assuming you are stuck you can generally tell us. We will be happy to help you as we care for your government assistance.
When do you intend to buy your own? Have you found our information insightful? Who else do you intend to share the information with? Kindly let us know in the comments section here below. We wish you for the right squat rack!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a hack squat?
The hack squat involves standing on the plate, leaning back onto the pads at an angle, with the weight placed on top of you by positioning yourself under the shoulder pads. The weight is then pushed in the concentric phase of the squat. Simply put, when you stand back up, that’s when the weight is pushed away from you.
2. Can squat rack be used for bench press?
Yes. You just need to make sure you have your squat stand set up right and don’t go above the maximum weight capacity. The safety bars will need to be set around an inch above your chest to make sure that they will catch the bar should you need to drop it.
3. Can you bench on a power rack?
The power rack is a great tool, because it allows you to lift heavy weights safely. Unlike traditional machines in the gym, the power rack is extremely versatile. You can use it for back squats, front squats, shoulder press, deadlifts, bench press and heavy rows. It’s like a playground for lifters.
4. Do you need to bolt down the squat rack?
A squat rack should always be secured in place before use. Not doing so could result in unwanted rack movement or tipping. Bolting the rack to a lifting platform or the floor is the most secure option. If it can’t be bolted down, ensure the rack is heavily weighted and has a wide base for stability.